There are clear requirements for delivering meals with Uber Eats. It is important that you study the Uber Website for all the latest details and requirements for driving with Uber Eats, especially for your particular location.
Uber Eats can be delivered by CAR, by BIKE, or by FOOT. This article focuses on delivery by CAR. (Please visit the Uber Website to see requirements for delivery by bike or foot.)
Generally, Uber requires that you:
- Are at least 21 years old.
- Are eligible to work in Canada.
- Have a valid full-class driver’s license (normally for the province where you will drive).
- Have at least 1 year of driving experience in Canada.
- Provide an eligible vehicle:
- Registered & insured (both in your name)
- No older than 20 years
- Good condition & appearance
- Clear 2 safety screenings (Uber handles this for you) (Done annually):
- Driving record check
- Criminal history check
- Are willing to sign the legal agreements which reflect your arrangements with Uber and your commitment to comply with Uber’s Community Standards.
As you are probably aware, you must provide your own technology: A verifiable email address and cellphone number; and a smartphone and data plan with sufficient coverage for all your online work and road time.
(By the way, if you are already registered for Uber Rideshare, you will use the same account for Uber Eats. So you do not need to register and submit documents again. Just contact Uber to request that they add “Deliveries” to your account.)
Before Uber activates your account, you must provide certain documents (by uploading, or by bringing to the local Uber “Greenlight Hub” Office):
- Driver’s license (full class)
- Proof of eligibility to work in Canada
- Extra ID for security checks
- Photo (according to Uber’s specifications)
- Documents related to the vehicle you will be using:
- Registration (in name of delivery person)
- Insurance (in name of delivery person)
- Inspection/Safety Safety Certificate (done annually)
- Alcohol Delivery Certification (optional)
How Long Will it Take to Get my Uber Account Activated?
Once you provide all the documentation, it should normally take just 1-2 weeks (or sometimes less) for the necessary security checks and licenses to be completed. To speed up the process, start by immediately signing up and then uploading all available documents, so Uber can get to work on the approval process (even if you are lacking other documents such as the Inspection). While waiting, begin planning your strategy for making the most money delivering meals with Uber Eats.
Ready to Start?
Be sure to study the Uber Website about specific requirements in your area. Once you are confident that you are qualified, then go ahead and take the next step: SIGN UP! It only takes a few minutes to set up your Uber Account, providing basic information to establish your driver profile.
Don’t worry – Uber does not require fees or deposits, and there are no binding obligations or legal traps. At any point along the way, you can pause to get answers to your questions. So you might as well get started now. The sooner you sign up and launch the registration process, the sooner you’ll be out on the road earning money.
(Note: When you click the link to go to Uber’s sign-up page, you’ll notice it mentions Douglas and inserts an Invite Code douglasa1940ue. This tells Uber you were referred by Gig Drivers of Canada. We would be grateful if you will leave the Invite Code in place, so Gig Drivers can receive recognition and a small referral reward to help cover our expenses. Thank you very much!)
This Post Has 0 Comments